Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] cleaning tape, bar codes and autochanger

2008-11-05 01:16:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] cleaning tape, bar codes and autochanger
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:57:18 -0700
My changer came with bar code labels from 000001 to 000200 but nothing
designating a 'cleaning' in the bar code itself.

The Dell support guy says I need to put a bar code label on the cleaning
tape (I'm still not sure why but I am going with the flow).

so my 'update slots' command gives me...

Volume "000199L3" not found in catalog. Slot=16 InChanger set to zero.

Gathering from the documentation, I need to add a 'cleaning prefix' to
my 'Default' Pool.

Do I just add CleaningPrefix="00019" to my 'Default' Pool definition

and then all barcodes from
000190L3 through
000199L3 become cleaning tapes to Bacula?

Craig