Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] automatically unrecycling volumes (was: automatically pruning the loaded volume)

2008-11-03 14:44:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] automatically unrecycling volumes (was: automatically pruning the loaded volume)
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:07:06 +0100
On 13.10.2008 14:27, /me wrote:
> I'm still wrestling with my problem of Bacula requesting a different
> volume although the one already loaded is eligible to be recycled. [1]
> As I cannot find a solution to the root problem I am now thinking about
> workarounds. One idea I'm currently pursuing is to preventively prune
> every volume after mounting it.

Ok, no takers on that one, so let's try a different tack:

Currently, if my operator forgets to insert a tape, I have two options:

a) manually prune every volume of the same pool after it has been
mounted, until the once forgotten volume is mounted again

b) manually reset the forgotten volume's status from "Recycled" to
"Used" so that Bacula will again accept other volumes from that pool.

If there's no way to automate a), what about b)?

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt