Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows / TLS / errors

2008-11-01 02:26:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows / TLS / errors
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:23:16 +0100
there's some discussion about windows tls

01-2008
http://www.nabble.com/Windows-and-TLS---SSL-td15155970.html

Also the manual
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Bacula_TLS_Communication.html

Did you have add a line like ?
TLS Allowed CN =

I suppose if this line is not present, openssl try to find the crl which I
discuss before.
Sorry to be not so much usefull.

Craig Thompson wrote:
> I've had the cert file double quoted and unquoted.
>
> Pretty much the same result.
>
> Maybe I need to step back and ask:  what are the steps to get bacula-fd
> running on Windows with TLS?
>
> Does anyone have a basic primer or how-to out there who has actually
> done it?
>
> Do you have to install OpenSSL separately or just use the files that are
> in the distribution/rpm?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>> Did you double quotes the path certificate file ?
>> Openssl is sensible ...
>>
>> And in what you get as error message it talk to the crl ( certificate
>> revocation list )
>> which have to exist and be genereated after you issue new certificate
>> ( or revoque some other ).
>>
>> You could check in openssl manual for crl
>>
>> openssl ca -verbose -config $CACONF -gencrl -out $CADIR/crl/ca.pem.crl
>>

>> Exim List wrote:
>>> I have a client who would like data backed up on a remote Windows
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> I have the bacula-fd.conf set up and working well by itself on the
>>> Windows 2003 server connecting to a Linux Director.
>>>
>>> When I try to use TLS, I get errors.
>>>
>>> Per suggestions, I created the .key, .csr and .crt files on a Unix
>>> machine to alleviate the hassle of using Openssl on Windows.
>>>
>>> I copied these files to:
>>>
>>> c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\bacula
>>>
>>> as server.key, server.crt and the original ca.crt used on the issuing
>>> server.
>>>
>>> I get this error when running 'bacula-fd -d100' from the command line:
>>>
>>> ************************************************************************
>>> Error: ../../lib/openssl.c:86 Error loading certification
>>> verification stores:  ERR=error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such
>>> file or directory
>>>
>>> The next error is the same except it changes to 2006D080:BIO
>>> routines:BIO_new_file:no such file
>>>
>>> Third error is 0B084002:x509 certificate
>>> routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib
>>>
>>> Fourth error is Fatal Error at ../../filed/filed.c:323 because:
>>> Failed to initialize TLS context for File daemon "server" in
>>> bacula-fd.conf.
>>> ************************************************************************
>>>
>>> I've tried copying the crt files to c:\program files\bacula and
>>> changing the bacula-fd.conf to match.  That didn't help either.
>>>
>>> I've scoured the web for about an hour and can't find anything
>>> pertinent to help.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> challenge
>>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>>> great prizes
>>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
>>> world

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com