Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restoring corrupt db

2008-10-31 19:04:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] restoring corrupt db
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:58:45 -0400
ok, my bacula db (postgres) is corrupt due to a disk problem on the raid array
it resides on.
i have a complete database dump (from pg_dumpall) from last wednesday that i
plan to drop back
to. my backup environment is bacula 2.2.x and postgres 8.2.5. my plan is to
install current
bacula 2.4.3 and postgres 8.3.2, initialize the db, make bacula tables for
2.4.3 and then import
the postgres dump from last wednesday. i realize that the file counts on the
tapes will be incorrect,
and i will have to update the volume info, file count, etc.

is this a reasonable course of action or am i asking for trouble?

-- michael