Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Anyone run dir and sd on Mac OS X Leopard?

2008-10-29 06:08:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Anyone run dir and sd on Mac OS X Leopard?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:06:14 +0100
Hi,

28.10.2008 17:26, Hemant Shah wrote:
>   Folks,
>
>   Is anyone running dir and sd on Mac OS X Leopard?

Yes.

You can find some information in the list archives, probably.

>   I have four Macs at home and I am thinking of using a Mac mini (G4) as
> bacula server and back up other Macs (G4, G5 and Intel) to an external
> USB (or network) drive.

No problems expected. Tape is a bit more difficult, as OS X apparently
doesn't have any tape drivers.

> Before I try to compile bacula on Mac

Simple enough in my experience - install XCode, run the usual
./configure && make && make install and you're almost ready... I don't
know, though, how to manage Apples current service manager.

Thus I'd recommend to have a look at the available OS X packages
(again, search the list archives for URLs).

> I wanted
> to find out if anyone was using Mac as a server and if there were and
> problems compiling/running bacula dir and sd on a Mac.

Yes and no serious ones, as far as I know.

Arno

> Thanks.
>
> Hemant Shah
> E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com