Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Storage - Permission Problems

2008-10-28 09:41:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Storage - Permission Problems
From: "Frederico Argolo" <fredargolo AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:37:08 -0300

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch> wrote:
Hi Frederica

Frederico Argolo wrote:
> Hi everyone!!!
>
> My bacula-sd is always given a follow problem:
>
> ---
> 27-Oct 15:04 bacula-sd JobId 5: Error: dev.c:121 Unable to stat device
> /backup/server1: ERR=Permission denied
> 27-Oct 15:04 bacula-sd JobId 5: Warning:
>      Device "server1-storage" requested by DIR could not be opened or does
> not exist.
> ---
>
> The /backup/server1 has the 777 permission...so I don't undestand the
> permission problem.
>
> bacula-sd runs with user=bacula and group=disk.
>
> When I change to user=root, this problem is resolved. Why ?

Did /backup also accessible by your sd ? like a traditionnal 0755 permission ?

In case of mountpoint ( example for /backup/server1 ) if you put 0777 before the mounting
it will change after the disk mount. Double check you have the good right.

If it's the mount point you can also try to force the uid ( username ) with option in fstab (see man for that) to give
the ownership to your bacula user.

In my case I've the /media/saves owned by root and mounted traditionnally by entry in fstab.
I always create a subdirectory inside this one to FS_BACULA which is owned by bacula-sd:disk and backup are stored inside.

This allow me to protect /media/saves to be filled by error by bacula in case of mount error .
The sd couldn't find it's base path and will fail without writing anything.

Yeah...you are correct!! The problem was the disk mount!!!

Thanks for you help!

Fred

--

    Bruno Friedmann