Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: "backup.c:892 Network send error to SD"

2008-10-21 10:55:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: "backup.c:892 Network send error to SD"
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Miguel Angel <ing.miguel.angel AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:51:27 -0400
Miguel Angel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need your help, when launch a backup for a client ("nous-fd", OS:
> WinXP), these work too slow, Bacula show me this error:
>
> 20-oct 23:18 bacula-sd JobId 39748: Job write elapsed time = 05:20:29,
> Transfer rate = 41.78 K bytes/second
> 20-oct 23:18 nous-fd JobId 39748: Fatal error:
> ../../filed/backup.c:892 Network send error to SD. ERR=No error
>
> I have no idea about what should be. May someone help me?

First, make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking incoming connections
to TCP port 9102 or outgoing to TCP port 9103.

Otherwise, I have seen this behavior with Lenovo T61 laptops with Vista
Business 32-bit. I got one to work by updating the driver for its Intel
82566MM ethernet controler and disabling power saving features of the
82566MM.  I believe the ethernet driver was (incorrectly) turning off
the ethernet PHY to save power, even though there was still an open TCP
connection.. If the ethernet driver, firewall, etc. drops the connection
that the Bacula client makes to the Bacula storage daemon due to
entering power saving mode, etc., then the Bacula client sees an I/O
error when it tries to send more data to the SD.