Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] autochanger - change tapes

2008-10-20 11:14:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] autochanger - change tapes
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:11:09 -0700
I haven't reached this point yet but clearly this day is going to come
soon.

As soon as my FULL backup requires 2 tapes, I will have to begin weekly
rotations of tapes in my changer rather than just leaving them all in
all of the time.

At that point, Bacula will have to figure out which tapes are where in
the changer.

I have manually run 'update slots' in bconsole but I am hoping is that
bacula will do this on its own.

Will I have to add some type of 'Run Before' script to force bacula to
update slots say before running the 'FULL' job because that is when the
tapes will be switched in the changer?

Craig