Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] brestore issues

2008-10-17 20:39:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] brestore issues
From: Alex F <alexxzell AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:37:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everybody. I am new to Bacula and have managed to install/use/test it for some time now and decided to implement some web GUI stuff.
I successfully installed and configured Bweb and Bacula-Web (from the bacula-gui-2.4.3.tar.gz package).
Could not do the same for the Brestore part though. I tried to follow as much as I could the installation instructions provided but I still can't use it.

What I want to do is to use Brestore from the Bweb interface - currently, when I click on brestore a window pops up and asks me to save / open the file. I did google this issue and did find some answers on this email list but still no clarification were made. And I also did the mod for MIME types in Apache..

Now what I understood is that Brestore (used without Bweb) is a GUI for unix machines which use a graph server. My Debian runs without graphics (I really don't need them) and so, GTK2 dependency installation failed.

Can I please get some detailed specs on this issue? How did you guys manage to deal with it?
Much appreciate any help.