Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Can't do tape backups - "Cannot find any appendable volumes"

2008-10-17 15:40:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Can't do tape backups - "Cannot find any appendable volumes"
From: Arch Willingham <arch AT tuparks DOT com>
To: 'John Drescher' <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:38:47 -0400
I went to the section on auto labeling. I am a bit confused when I get to this
sentence " Automatic Volume labeling is enabled by making a change to both the
Pool resource (Director) and to the Device resource (Storage daemon) shown
above." Which two files are they? I changed /bacula/bin/bacula-dir-conf to say:

Pool {
  Name = "Tape Backups Pool - weekly"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Volume Retention = 30 days
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
 #  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Use Volume Once = yes
  LabelFormat = "Vol"
}

But I can't tell what else (or where) I should change.

Thanks for all your help!

Arch