Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] block based or partial file based backup

2008-10-10 08:26:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] block based or partial file based backup
From: "Daniel Kis" <dandadude AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:34:50 +0200
Hi everyone!

I would have a question regarding Bacula.

I want to use Bacula to save for instance two 5 GB files daily. If only 2 bytes change in these files each, is it possible to only save those 2*2 bytes instead of 2*5gigs again? I think that this is called block-based or partial file based backup.

If this is not available directly with Bacula, is there another opensource software that I can use to gather the data and feed it to our tapedrive with Bacula?

Thanks for the answers!

Regards,
Daniel