Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dont understand

2008-10-04 19:15:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dont understand
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: rcaamer <gerard AT altheys DOT com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 12:05:24 -0400
> I hope i understand the problem but i don't know how to resolve it .
>
> My first tape of my job is full and my second tape of my job (which is not
> data full) has the statut append .
>
> When i want run the job the next day , he wants the tape with a status
> append (if i have really understand ) , but when i run the job the next day
> , i must use a new blank tape .
>

> The new blank tape is also labeled with Full-2008-next-day in the good pool.
>
> But bacula said always
> bacula said " 01-oct 14:42 backupxxx-sd JobId 73: Please mount Volume
> "Full-2008-09-30-23:18" or label a new one for" .

So you are trying to force bacula to use a new tape on the second day.
And it wants to use the tape from the previous day with the Append
status instead?

If this is the case use "Volume Use Duration = 12h" in the Pool
definition. Note this will not affect currently labeled tapes. To fix
this use the update volume command from the console and follow the
prompts.

http://bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html

John