Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] can't label tapes after upgrade to 2.4.2

2008-09-25 09:09:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] can't label tapes after upgrade to 2.4.2
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:52:32 +1000
I just upgrade to 2.4.2 this morning and now I don't seem to be able to
label tapes.

It should be auto labelling, but even a manual label command says:

Connecting to Storage daemon bitvs2-tape-sd at 192.168.200.226:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "BITFOT0002" Slot 0 ...
3912 Failed to label Volume: ERR=block.c:1012 Read zero bytes at 0:0 on
device "TapeStorage" (/dev/nst0).

Label command failed for Volume BITFOT0002.
Do not forget to mount the drive!!!

The label does actually get written to the drive - mount says:

*mount
Automatically selected Storage: bitvs2-tape-sd
3001 Device "TapeStorage" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with Volume
"BITFOT0002"

I assume the 'ERR=block.c:1012 ...' isn't of any consequence, I normally
see something like that when labelling a new tape. I have also tried 'mt
weof' to write an eof marker to the tape in case something on there is
causing a problem.

I am using Debian Lenny, and am using the Debian packages (previously
Etch 2.0.2 I think). I have had upgrade and install problems with the
Debian packages before so I wouldn't be surprised if the Label command
failure is due to a problem in the database upgrade between versions
(did the schema change?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James