Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore pruned job

2008-09-25 05:48:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore pruned job
From: "Gianni Grandi" <slaytanic78 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:45:04 +0200
2008/9/23 Gianni Grandi <slaytanic78 AT gmail DOT com>
Hello at all,
I have a bacula server with 3 client connected.
I have configured a autochanger with 24 tape and I have configured for my pool:
Volume Retention = 35 days
Unfortunately 2 days ago, my server have pruned 10 volumes automatically and 2 of this was contain a backup created 25 day ago.
One job contained on this volume was a full backup of one job and this morning when the incremental of the same job was started, doesn't find the full and start to do this.
Unfortunately the hard drive where this job read, is broken during the backup...
There is a system to recover the job contained in the pruned volume and the incremental pruned and not pruned of the same job??
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Hi, I have solved my problem !!
I have read the log of the job that I want to restore.
I have create a new bootstrap file with the following instruction:
Volume="15"                            # Number of volume where the backup is stored
MediaType="LTO-3"                  # My tape type
VolSessionId=222                    # I find it in the log of the job
VolSessionTime=1216738792   # I find it in the log of the job
Then I have entered in the bconsole and I have manually mounted the volume "15" and I launch this command:
bextract -v -b mybootstrapfile.bsr /dev/tapedevice /my/restore/path/
Before to launch this command I have stopped the bacula services.
For more info http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Volume_Utility_Tools.html#SECTION003960000000000000000

Ciao