Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error in bacula-dir.conf

2008-09-23 17:15:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error in bacula-dir.conf
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Steve Harp" <steve AT abelscreening DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:10:51 -0400
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Steve Harp <steve AT abelscreening DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm installing Bacula 2.4.2 on openSUSE 10.3.  When I test the
> bacula-dir.conf file, I get the following message.
>
> /usr/sbin/bconsole -t -c ./bacula-dir.conf
> 23-Sep 16:31 bconsole: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:902
> Config error: Keyword "WorkingDirectory" not permitted in this resource.
> Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
>            : line 19, col 19 of file ./bacula-dir.conf
>  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula";
>
> My Director resource in bacula-dir.conf looks like this.
>
> Director {
>  Name = abel-dir;
>  Description = "ASI Backup Computer";
>  DIRport = 9101;
>  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula";
>  PidDirectory = "/var/run";
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1;
>  QueryFile = "/usr/lib/bacula/query.sql";
>  Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
>  Messages = Daemon;
>  Heartbeat Interval = 30 sec;
> }
>
> The User Manual says the WorkingDirectory directive is mandatory in this
> resource.  What am I doing wrong?

I have working directory but no semicolons.

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = fileserver-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
  Password = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"         # Console password
  Messages = Standard
}

John