Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] External Backup

2008-09-22 17:48:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] External Backup
From: "Eduardo Júnior" <ihtraum18 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:45:04 -0300

Hi all,

I have the following policy on external backup:

- The overall policy is: incremental Monday to Saturday, the first Sunday of the month a full and the other end of a week differential.
- It is done in an external hd
- The data is passed to external hd weekly

I'm only doing this "on hand", using scripts that simply copy the volumes of hd where the backups are made to the external hd.
And to make sure that the copy was successful, I simply restore tests directly on the volume () and through the bscan.

Is there a way to make sure that the copy will be ready for use if an accident happens without that I need to do restores the above?

[]'s

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272