Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: dual drive concurrancy etc

2008-09-22 16:32:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: dual drive concurrancy etc
From: "Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa" <ildefonso.camargo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:00:31 +1930
Hi!

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
> wrote:
>> good day all,
>>
>> i've just added a second LTO4 drive to my spectralogic T50 and i'm working
>> thru getting my
>> bacula config's updated. could someone with dual drives post their config's
>> for concurrency
>> etc as an example please? thanks much.
>>
> I do have a 2 drive changer but its difficult to post the configs
> because they are spread out over dozens of files.
> You need more than 1 pool or you need to get bacula to load two
> volumes from the same pool at the same time. Also, A single job will
> never use more than 1 tape drive.

Yeah, this is very funny, I was running a restore job from one
two-drives autochanger, and it had one tape loaded on each drive, and
it started reading from one of the tapes, and it needed info from the
other tape, and instead of reading the tape on the drive it was
already loaded, it unloaded the tape, and loaded on the other
*identical* drive to read it.... I suppose that someday bacula will
actually make smart decisions when it have more than one drive
attached to the same autochanger, but I suppose the day hasn't arrived
yet :( .

c-ya!

Ildefonso.