Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] q:job timeout

2008-09-22 08:20:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] q:job timeout
From: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:04:06 +0200
Dear list,

I am looking for a solution for the following situations with a single
tapedrive: the tape operator accidentally puts in the wrong tape or
forgets to put in a tape. I would like the job(s) to terminate after x
time producing a warning or error. This way a day of backing up "gets
lost", but the queue/scheduler is clear to start backing up as scheduled
the next day.
Hoping that in a job definition specifying "Max Wait Time = 21h" would
facilitate for this I did a testrun to find out that the Max Wait Time
is apparently oriented at scheduled/queued jobs and not a running jobs
waiting for a tapemount. Is there another setting I could set to
facilitate the above desired feature please?
Currently running Bacula version  2.4.1-1~bpo40+1 on Debian Etch from
backported package.

Regards
Olaf