Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape marked as full?

2008-09-22 06:33:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape marked as full?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:30:22 +0200
Hi,

22.09.2008 11:15, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> We've just had a glitch with our backups. We have a pool of friday tapes
> to cycle on a single DLT drive. Last friday it accepted the tape, wrote
> about 4GB to it then marked it as full and asked for the next blank
> tape. That's nowhere near full. Is there any way I can find out why that
> tape was marked full?

Look into the system log at the time the tape was marked as full. Most
likely, you'll find some SCSI error or tape drive state warning.

Bacula considers any report of a write problem to be a tape full
condition, so if the drive reports a media error, or the SCSI bus has
some trouble, the result will be what you describe.

Arno

> thanks

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann