Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula running on Windows Server 2008 64-bit

2008-09-16 13:16:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula running on Windows Server 2008 64-bit
From: Felicity Crabtree <Felicity.Crabtree AT ukfast.co DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:15:57 +0100
Hello all,

Has anyone managed to get this working, particularly using the runbeforescript
to back up the system state? I have discovered that to the best of my ability
it is now possible to do this effectively for a number of reasons.

A work around I am currently using to back up the system state is to run a
scheduled task on the windows server every night that removes the previous
(10GB!) vhd file and creates another system state backup. Then, bacula backs up
this vhd file without the need for the runbeforescript.

I am also having problems either backing up or excluding C:\Users\ and similar
folders (I think it's specific to folders which are or contain shortcuts. The
following error occurs when I try to back up the directory:

hostname.tld JobId 858: Could not open directory C:/Users/All Users/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application Data/Application
Data/Application Data/Start Menu: ERR=The name of the file cannot be resolved
by the system.

It's obviously recursivle mapping to the Application Data directory but I have
no idea why is would do that and also when I try to exclude the Users
directory's contents, the same error occurs and therefor my excluding the
directory obviously hasn't worked. If I exclude directories on other servers
which are windows server 2003 in the same way then it works correctly. The
following is the client's config with regard to file includes and excludes:

FileSet {
  Name = "x.x.x.x Full Set"
        Include {
                Options {
wildfile = "C:/Documents and Settings/*"
wildfile = "*PAGEFILE.SYS"
wildfile = "C:/Users/*"
wildfile = "*.log"

                        exclude = yes