Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup 2 or more clients with one job?

2008-09-16 07:06:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup 2 or more clients with one job?
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:05:48 +0200
Dan Langille wrote:
> lists wrote:
>

>> is it possible to define different clients/filesets to one job, so i
>> have only to schedule once and bacula backups one client after the other?
>>

> No

Bweb has a group feature. We twisted a bit here and turned a bit there
and are, via a dirty hack, able to start several jobs at once. We
basically define a system job for every client and use a naming
convention that allows us to filter the database for clients belonging
to a certain group. Then all we do is append "_system" to the client
name and fire away the job through the bconsole. Works for us. I could
provide code snippets if you care. We're in the process of preparing
some of our code changes in bweb to have it flow back to the project
because we think that this might help Bacula to become more usable in a
large scale production environment.