Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED when one tape is marked with error

2008-09-12 07:35:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED when one tape is marked with error
From: Jeronimo Zucco <jczucco AT ucs DOT br>
To: bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:38:21 -0300
Jeronimo Zucco escreveu:
>     Hi. I'm using bacula 2.4.2, and I have a pool with a set of tapes.
> If one of tapes gives s error, instead of try to mount next volume,
> bacula is blocking the autoloader, like this:
>
> Device "Drive-2" (/dev/nst1) is not open.
>     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "QVD021L2",
>        Pool:        Diary
>        Media type:  LTO
>     Drive 0 status unknown.
>

>     And I have to manually mount the next tape. This issue is making my
> backups late. I was using bacula 2.2.8 without any problem until I've
> upgraded to 2.4.2.

    Yesterday I give up and I've downgraded to bacula 2.2.8, and now
everithing is working fine again.

    I've tryed to open a bug ticket, but unfortunately I couldn't give
more information to help bacula developers to solve this issue, sorry.

--
Jeronimo Zucco
LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certified

http://jczucco.blogspot.com