Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problems backing up to harddisk

2008-09-12 02:46:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problems backing up to harddisk
From: lists <mr.astral AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:46:11 +0200
Hi,

i've setup Bacula and have connections to all my clients. But if i wanna
run my testjob it complains about my media.

12-Sep 08:42 bacula-dir JobId 14: Start Backup JobId 14,
Job=Bacula.2008-09-12_08.42.08
12-Sep 08:42 bacula-sd JobId 14: Failed command:
12-Sep 08:42 bacula-sd JobId 14: Fatal error:
     Device "Bacula" with MediaType "/mnt/backup/backups/bacula"
requested by DIR not found in SD Device resources.
12-Sep 08:42 bacula-dir JobId 14: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didnt accept Device "Bacula" because:
     3924 Device "Bacula" not in SD Device resources.

my bacula-sd.conf

# Bacula

Device {
  Name = Bacula
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = /mnt/backup/backups/Bacula
  Archive Device = /mnt/backup/backups/_archive/bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

i dont really get what i read in documentation.

i can add media but i cannot label it.

Connecting to Storage daemon Bacula at bacula:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "test" Slot 0 ...
3910 Unable to open device "Bacula"
(/mnt/backup/backups/_archive/bacula): ERR=dev.c:490 Could not open:
/mnt/backup/backups/_archive/bacula/test, ERR=Permission denied

Label command failed for Volume test.
Do not forget to mount the drive!!!

if i try to mount the drive:

3906 File device "Bacula" (/mnt/backup/backups/_archive/bacula) is
always mounted.

please help me...

thanks