Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape failed with IBM TS3200

2008-09-10 05:52:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape failed with IBM TS3200
From: rrozek AT free DOT fr
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:52:42 +0200
Thanks for your help
the TS3200 is connected with  fiber channel with qlogic adatper( driver qla2xxx)
The server is in RedHat 5.2 .
We used the bacula version available on EPEL for RHEL 5 , so the version
2.3.0-10
The driver for the tape library is
lin_tape  provided by IBM as an opensource module , we recompile it.
and a binary  sofware lin_taped which is non free but provided for RHEL5

The configuration for our drive is :
Device {
  Name = Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = ULT3580-TD4
  Archive Device = /dev/IBMtape0n
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  #If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
  #Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}
tar and dd works correctly.
The tar works