Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tape recovery question

2008-09-08 14:41:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tape recovery question
From: Nikola Pavković <nix AT irb DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:41:11 +0200
Hi,

I accidentally made a "mt rewind && mt weof" on one of my tapes so that
bacula does not recognize it as a bacula volume anymore, however the
data on the tape should still be present. I tried several things but
could not get past the eof mark on the tape. Last thing I tried is label
the tape once again (had to remove the volume entry from the catalog),
and do a "bls -V VOLNAME /dev/nst0", but the tape does not move and the
command waits forever.

Is there any chance to recover the data that is on the tape, which is
located after the label mark?

Thank you.

Nikola Pavkovic