Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Encrypion & compression during transmission from remote site

2008-09-08 04:50:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Encrypion & compression during transmission from remote site
From: Bill Damage <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:50:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, if I do a mysqldump it creates a huge text file which compresses to 1/10 its size if zipped. What I'm wondering is if this is needed as I'm only doing it to shorten the transmission time, IOW does bacula compress traffic as its being transmitted automatically? Related to this is security - is there anything in place without having to set up ssh tunnels etc (i.e. over and above what you'd get with http/ftp transmissions) ? Thanks.