Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How much space does Bacula need?

2008-09-04 21:31:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How much space does Bacula need?
From: "Dagan McGregor" <Dagan.McGregor AT tnzi DOT com>
To: "hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com" <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>, "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, "Alan Brown" <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:19:23 +1200

 Just out of interest, are there recommended hardware compression settings to
use for LTO-3? I want my LTO-3 tapes using 2:1 compression (~800GB).

 Please advise if I need to change something below?

# mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x44 (no translation).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (1010000):
 ONLINE IM_REP_EN

# tapeinfo -f /dev/sg1