Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How much space does Bacula need?

2008-09-03 14:13:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How much space does Bacula need?
From: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:12:57 -0400

Dagan McGregor wrote:

> [...]

Judging from your situation, which is roughly similar to mine, and
depending on your retention times, you can reasonably expect to see a
catalog size of between 250MB and 750MB. Mine is about 400 right now. I
backup about 11-12 machines, none backing up the whole OS. One machine
has many small files though. The backups of the catalog compress with
GZIP down to about 65MB, which is something to consider. Makes life a
little easier in the disk space department (this is the only place I ran
into trouble as I was using file volumes for them).

I think a 500MB range is a fair estimation though.

- --