Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup and windows shutdown

2008-08-31 15:51:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup and windows shutdown
From: Grzegorz Marszałek <graf0 AT post DOT pl>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 21:51:35 +0200
Hello!

I've got following problem with by bacula setup - I need to backup
user desktops (running windows xp - pro, home, some vista is there
either), so I scheduled backup just before end of work. It fine, BUT -
unfortunately users are turning off computers during backup :(

So question is - is there any way do delay shutdown process till
backup ends? Or - as a alternative - maybe backup at windows shutdown
(launching some scripts at shutdown AND delaying shutdown process till
script ends)?

I rather cannot do backup at startup (more than 300GB to backup when
full backup is performed - and people here need to work at the
morning...), or during work (againg: 300GB at full, and this could
change a lot during backup).

Any ideas? Somebody tried somethink like this? I'd appreciate all
help :)
---
Grzegorz Marszałek
graf0 AT post DOT pl