Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bug with multiple tape drives???

2008-08-21 21:17:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bug with multiple tape drives???
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:17:02 -0600
I needed to do a restore today and it took three tapes, so it used drive-1 and got the first two tapes fine, the third tape was already in drive-2 not being used. The restore failed because it could got load the tape from drive-2 into drive-1.

I also tried to do a restore just from the tape that was in drive-2, but now drive-2 is running some back-up jobs, the restore still wants to use drive-1.

Is there some way for restores to be a little bit smarter and see that the tape is already in a different drive before trying to load it in a specific drive? I am running 2.4.2 on Debian Lenny on both the director and SD.

Thanks,
--
Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences Computer Support