Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions related to additional tape drive

2008-08-21 10:43:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions related to additional tape drive
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Win Htin" <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:43:42 -0400
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Why is my original tape drive "LTO4_1" the only one which pops up when I
> do the "update slots" command?

Bacula picks a drive to run the update slots on and that is the drive it choose.

> 2. How will the backups behave if I do not assign each tape drive to
> different jobs or pools?

Bacula will pick one drive to use.

> 3. How can I assign each drive for different jobs? Looking at my
> configuration for pools, I only see the "Storage" entry pointing to the
> "Autochanger". Following is one of my "Pool" definitions.

Not sure. I do things differently. Probably a not recommended
configuration but I have used this for 2 years with good success. You
can define all three devices separately in your bacula-dir.conf:

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-LTO-0"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = ""         # Console password
  Device = "LTO2-0"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-LTO2-1"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = ""         # Console password
  Device = "LTO2-1"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}

Storage {
  Name = "DEV6-Changer"
  Address = dev6.radimg.pitt.edu
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = ""         # Console password
  Device = "Magnum224-0"
  Media Type = "LTO-2"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}