Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Using Webmin w/ Bacula

2008-08-18 13:32:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Using Webmin w/ Bacula
From: "Sean Bennett" <randalbennett AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:32:04 -0700
Hi all,

I'm new to Bacula and am having trouble using Webmin to administer it, hopefully someone on this list might be able to help...

I've compiled bacula 2.4.2 from source on OS 10.5.4 (Leopard). All the daemon conf files are located in /usr/local/bacula/bin.

The specific problem is that when I use Webmin (1.420) to start the bacula daemons, i get this message:

The Bacula console command /usr/local/bacula/bin/bconsole could not communicate with the Bacula director. Make sure the password in /usr/local/bacula/bin/bconsole.conf is correct

The command line console connection works as well as the widget app. I've verified that the console password matches in both the bconsole.conf file and bacula-dir.conf file and created firewall rules to allow tcp on the bacula ports. So right now I'm at a loss as to why Webmin keeps returning an error. I'd definitely appreciate a reply from anyone that's experienced this or might have insight. Thanks!