Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula DIR, SD and CONSOLE are in different LANs than FD

2008-08-18 09:14:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula DIR, SD and CONSOLE are in different LANs than FD
From: "Mario Constanti" <Mario.Constanti AT x-cellent DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:14:29 +0200

Hello,

we use Bacula in our company since four years.

The Backup-Server with CONSOLE, SD, DIR are in the same network like
the other Servers with the FD which are backuped.

Last weekend we optimized our it infastructure.

So we create a VLAN for the Backup-Server and many other VLANs
for the other Servers.

The Network works correct, because i can ping from the Backup-Server every

System, which should be backuped. I can also make „telnet fileserver 9102“, it works.

I can start „bconsole“ and run a „status client=fileserver“, which also works.

From the other Servers, for example the Fileserver i can ping to the Backup-Server and also can start
„telnet backupsystem 9103“, „telnet backupsystem 9101“, which works correctly.

But when i start a Backupjob, i got this Error-Message:

18-Aug 00:25 fileserver: fileserverBackup.2008-08-18_01.05.01 Warning: bnet.c:864 Could not connect to Storage daemon on backup:9103. ERR=No route to host

Retrying ...

The Backupsystem have following config:

IP-Address:     172.23.10.3

Netmask:         255.255.255.0

VLAN:            104

The Fileserver have following config:

IP-Address:     172.17.10.5

Netmask:         255.255.255.0

VLAN:            110

Why don’t this work?

Because the Password and so on must be correct, otherwise i must get a connection-error when i start „bconsole“ and run „status client=fileserver“!

Thanks for every help,

Mario