Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Check to see if tape is "released"

2008-08-18 04:00:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Check to see if tape is "released"
From: Keith Sudbury <keith-lists AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:00:46 +0100
Hi Guys,

I have Bacula set up so that when the tape is released it ejects the
tape, so some one can change it.

I have the release command on the end of my catalogjob as a runafter
job, a couple of times this has not worked and I have had to run the
release command by hand, is there any way to find out if the tape is in
a released state? Or any log files that might explain what going on?

In the email Bacula sends me it displays the following:

16-Aug 04:00 bacula-dir: BeforeJob: run command
"/usr/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
16-Aug 04:01 bacula-dir: Start Backup JobId 136,
Job=BackupCatalog.2008-08-15_23.05.00
16-Aug 04:01 bacula-sd: Job write elapsed time = 00:00:03, Transfer rate =
46.00 M bytes/second
16-Aug 04:01 bacula-dir: AfterJob: run command
"/usr/libexec/bacula/delete_catalog_backup"
16-Aug 04:01 bacula-dir: AfterJob: run command "echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole"
16-Aug 04:01 bacula-dir: AfterJob: release LTO-3 | bconsole

Many Thanks

Keith