Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL4048-SAS library

2008-08-15 12:59:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HP MSL4048-SAS library
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:59:21 -0400
Michael,
I the the FC version of the MSL4048 with two LTO-4 drives in it.   It's
been in use ~9 months without any issues.   For us it was the correct
drive to purchase and would do it again given the option.    The only
think that we don't have worked out is the hardware based encryption,
but I don't know if anybody has the LTO-4 hardware based encryption
working under bacula.
                        -Jason

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:25 -0400, Michael Galloway wrote:
> good day all, finally got me EOY funding and i'm looking at purchasing
> another library for
> my system. i'm looking at the MSL4048 library from HP with the SAS interface.
> we've got
> a couple of SAS raid arrays and i was thinking that i would hang this off the
> sas interface
> and hopefully optimize the performace. anyone had any experience with this
> library or a
> similar library from HP? thanks!
>
> -- michael

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)