Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.2 in CentOS 5.2

2008-08-15 06:29:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.2 in CentOS 5.2
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:29:18 +0200
Hi Dagan,

the EL5 rpms install quite well under CentOS 5.2.

You need bacula-sd on the machine with the tape drive, bacula-fd on any
machine being backed up and bacula-dir as the main server somewhere
else. I would suggest running both director and storage daemon on the
machine with the tape drive. As you will want to backup your
backupserver as well, you need bacula-fd (file-daemon) on that machine
as well.

I belive bat can run on any X-Server as long as it can connect to the
director.

This presentation will give you some overview:
http://www.bacula.org/presentations/Bacula-FOSDEM-talk-25Feb07.pdf

And - of course - there is always the documentation
http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=documentation

Best regards, Nils