Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] About gzip compression on windows

2008-08-14 07:27:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] About gzip compression on windows
From: "Ismail OZATAY" <ismail AT ismailozatay DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:27:28 +0300
Hello all ,

Is anybody write me how can i use Gzip compression on windows bacula file
daemon. I have only one sql server and backing up data on it. I have already
enabled gzip compression in the config file also it backs up the the data
without compressing. I installed gzip for windows and set the paths but i do
not understand why it does not work ? Can i fix it ?

bacula-dir.conf
************
Pool {
  Name = DbsrvPool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Label Format = Dbsrv-
}

Client {
  Name = dbsrv-fd
  Address = dbsrv
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "password"
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
  AutoPrune = yes
}

FileSet {
  Name = dbsrvfileset
  Enable VSS = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      Compression=GZIP
      }
      }
  Include {
    Options {
        wildfile = "*.exe"
        wildfile = "*.mp3"
        wildfile = "*.avi"
        wildfile = "*.mpg"
        wildfile = "*.mpeg"
        Exclude = yes
        }
    File = "E:/MSSQL/BACKUP"

}
}

Job {
  Name = dbsrvyedek
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = dbsrv-fd
  FileSet = dbsrvfileset
  Schedule = dbsrvjob
  Storage = File2
  Pool = DbsrvPool
  Messages = Standard
}

Schedule {
  Name = dbsrvjob
  Run = Level=Full Pool=DbsrvPool sun at 23:50
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=DbsrvPool mon-sat at 23:50

Thanks

ismail