Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Documentation problem.

2008-08-11 07:52:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Documentation problem.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:51:25 +0200
I have today run into a minor problem with bsmtp failing to send messages. The
error messages are (as usual) cryptic so I had to consult The manual. As usual I
use PDF search to find relevant sections.

Searching bsmtp yields a lot of hits. One interesting hit said:

"For additional details, please see the bsmtp – Customizing Your Email Messages
section of the Bacula Utility Programs chapter of this manual."

Searching for "Customizing Your Email Messages" gave no result and looking in
the chapter index showed that there is no chapter named "Bacula Utility
Programs".

I think the manual needs a thourough review to remove such incorrect references
and also any reference within the manual should be a link to the relevant
section/chapter.

This is only an example of the problems I have with the manual and unfortunately
I am not able to provide corrections to it since I know too little about bacula.
My hope is that those who write sections to the manual will take the above into
consideration.

Thanks,
--
Erik.