Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] winbacula tls

2008-08-05 04:04:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] winbacula tls
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: kool1j AT netzero DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:03:59 +0300
Hello.

I don't know why you didn't reply to list, but I'll add the list to CC now ;)

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 00:54, kool1j AT netzero DOT com wrote:
> Hi Silver,
>
> I saw your response to windows xp client and I want to know on your
bacula-fd.conf.  I'm using Windows 2003 Server and I have the one client on
the machine with the director, Storage and I have it all using tls, but when
I try to setup the exact parameters as on the director's server for the
onboard client, all my other Windows XP clients bacula services fails to
start. Below is a list of how the bacula-fd client is configured and working,
the goal is to get a few more Windows clients started, thanks in advance.

>  The configuration looks like.. bacula-fd.conf:
>  FileDaemon {
>    TLS Enable = yes
>    TLS Require = no
>    TLS CA Certificate File = C:/Bacula/certs/ca.pem
>    TLS Certificate  = C:/Bacula/etc/ssl/xxxx/client-fd.crt
>    TLS Key = C:/Bacula/etc/ssl/xxxx/client-fd.key
>  }
>
> Director {
>    TLS Enable = yes
>    TLS Require = yes
>    TLS CA Certificate File = C:/Bacula/certs/ca.pem
>    TLS Certificate  = C:/Bacula/certs/client-fd.crt
>    TLS Key = C:/Bacula/certs/client-fd.key
>
> }

As clients need to be really sure that Director is THE director, they need
some additional TLS verifications:
Director {
  TLS Verify Peer = yes
  TLS DH File = C:/Bacula/certs/dh1024.pem
}

I'm not sure how to get a DH-key in Windows, though.

--
Silver