Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring acl files and directories

2008-08-02 07:20:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring acl files and directories
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 13:19:26 +0200
Hi All. I don't know if someone has encountered the same case.

We have an linux server acting as samba with lots of acls.
The old ldap schema contain groups and users.

As the factory change it's name, All the ldap was restructured.
like changing it's dc=toto,dc=local to dc=titi,dc=local

We keep the same users (uidNumber and cn) but on groups we keep only the
gidNumber and change cn.

During the restore, I've seen bacula making error
02-Aug 13:00 dumbo-fd JobId 1857: Error: acl.c:224 acl_from_text error on file
"/data/secreta/Publications/Internet/gecomo.ch/Site/CSS/pdf/referencegc.pdf":
ERR=Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

And in fact bacula is trying to find cn for group.
What is stange is that bacula is using uidNumber for users.

With this error all acl aren't restored.

Did someone have any clue or ideas ?
Should this be reported as a bug ? (I think the most important part of acl is
the uid )

In your opinion what the best I can do :

1 / Start the ldap with the old dc, restore, and start the new after
2 / Restore without the acl, and reapply them from the getfacl dump I have
3 / Do a magic key in bacula to do the restore correctly with the good uid and
gid ?

PS: bacula is only a 2.2.6 version ( upgrade was post delayed after the rebuild
of ldap and servers. )

--

      Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch