Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Different Messages in Mail

2008-08-01 02:23:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] Different Messages in Mail
From: Markus Kress <Markus.Kress AT gls-itservices DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 08:24:19 +0200
Hello,

I'm not sure, if I'm doing something wrong or it's the normal functionality
of Bacula:

I'm gernerate for the Users which are changing the taps (they are not very
fimilar with computers), more easier mails. I've wrote my own Mailprogramm,
which reads from stdin the message. With this information the parameters, I
gernerate a very easy readable email like "put in tape x" or "the backup
failed". Sometimes the mailprogam read from stdin messages about "use
duration exceeded" together with the backup. This make parsing more
complex. Why are these messages mixed?

Another point is, if I using bconsole in a scripts and perform a command, I
have to delete "pending" messages, to get rid of them by doing this:

@output /dev/null
messages
@output $tmpout w
list nextvolume job="$jobname" days=7

It will be more nice, to have only the output of my command, to parse it
easier.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to get by stdin only Messages from that specific Job,
which triggers the Mailprogam.
2.  Is it possible to use bconsole more script friendly?

I'm using Version 2.4.1

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Markus Kress
System Technologies