Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Seems to be a small bug in btape ...

2008-07-31 14:52:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Seems to be a small bug in btape ...
From: "Richard Sharpe" <realrichardsharpe AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:51:54 -0700
Hi,

I am using btape to test the modifications I am making to the Linux
SCSI Target VTL stuff I am doing as it makes for a good test.

However, the 'test' command fails to properly test the case where the
device under test cannot space forward a file :-)

The test that tries to do this does:

1. Write 1000 blocks
2. Write EOF/File Mark
3. Write 1000 blocks
4. Write EOF/File Mark
5. Rewind
6. Space forward 4 records and read ...
N-1: Space forward to record 999
Read the record (the 1000th record ...)
N: Space forward 1 file ...
N+1 Read the next record which should be the first record of the next file ...

However, because of the nature of my implementation, it was
accidentally the next record.

While this is not a high priority bug, I suggest that a more correct
test would involve spacing to some record that is not at the end of
the file and then doing a FSF request ...