Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Want to contribute to the Bacula project?

2008-07-31 11:09:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Want to contribute to the Bacula project?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: baculausers Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:09:34 -0400
Hi,

You've been using Bacula for a while.  You like it.  You want to
contribute back.

We have a new position available.  We want to get the various
documentation versions onto the website.

At present, we have only the latest version of the docs available
(and that's out of date just now).  Ideally, as each new version is
released, we'll add the new docs to the website and let the user
search/view the docs that relate to their release.  As such, your job
isn't a huge time sink.  Perhaps a few hours every release.  But all
Bacula users will benefit from your work.

You'll need to know or have a desire to learn:

- sftp to upload the files
- a very little bit of php
- pretty decent knowledge of html, markup, and svn

We'll help you learn the above.  So perhaps even if you know the
above, but don't want to do the task, but will help others learn, we
have a job for you too.  :)

Those interested should reply to this thread and we'll get you
started.  If we get multiple people volunteering, you can all work/
learn together.  More is better.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/