Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Low cost tape changer

2008-07-23 15:43:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Low cost tape changer
From: Friedbert Widmann <Friedbert.Widmann AT gmx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:43:07 +0200
Can I build a "low cost" tape change by installing two or more normal
tape drives?

My vision:
- I install two (or more) ordinary tape drives (DDS4, HP DAT40)
- When one tape is full, the storage deamon will use the next tape drive
(if an usable tape is installed)
    and notify my, to change the tape in the first drive.
- When tape in the second drive is full, the storage deamon will use the
first drive again and
    notify me, to change the tape in the second drive.

and so on ...

Is that possible?

Thanks
    Widi

--
  Friedbert Widmann               mailto:Friedbert.Widmann AT gmx DOT de
  Wacholderweg 10                 phone: +49 (07073) 841004