Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to backup window machines data from linux pc...?

2008-07-22 10:57:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to backup window machines data from linux pc...?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:57:06 +0200
Hello,

22.07.2008 16:38, mohiddin shaikh wrote:
>   Hi friend,
>
>   Hi installed bacula tarbal in RHEL4 but i don't know what to do
> next..i jst want to take backup of my window machine data...how i can
> backup my window machine data..pls. suggest me. & i am not well in Linux
> i am just learning Linux...

Nothing linux-specific there.

You start by reading the manual (no, there *really* is no way around
that).

Next you configure the linux machine so it can back up itself.

You do some tests, play with the configuration, and - very important -
do some test restores followed by a comparison with the original data.

Once you know you can do backups and restores, and the data is stored
and restored correctly, you install the Bacula client - file daemon or
FD - on your windows machine, configure it (quite minimal challenge)
and add it to the DIR config.

Arno

> Regards,
> Mohiddin Sulaiman.