Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Manual removal of tapes and In Use Volume Status

2008-07-22 03:06:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Manual removal of tapes and In Use Volume Status
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:06:43 +0200
Hi,

21.07.2008 13:18, Nils Blanck-Wehde wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am doning a daily backup to tape. We have a Quantum Superloader 3 DLT
> with 16 Slots.
> This is the storage ressource:
>
> Autochanger {
>   Name = QS3DLT
>   Device = DLT-Drive-1
>   Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
>   Changer Device = /dev/sg3
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = DLT-Drive-1                      #
>   Drive Index = 0
>   Media Type = DLT-VS1
>   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>   AlwaysOpen = no;

I'd set this to 'yes' and ...

>   RemovableMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   AutoChanger = yes
> }
>
> Each tape is used only once und recycled after 7 weeks, this is the
> pool-ressource:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = "Weekly_Full_Backup_to_DLT"
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>   Volume Retention = 7 weeks
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Cleaning Prefix = "CNV760"
> }
>

> After each backup, I want to export the last used tape to the mailslot.
> As mtx doesn't recognise the mailslot of this device, I have to do this
> via the Webfrontend of the library.

... before unloading the tape, issue an 'unmount' or 'release' to the
device.

You could do both in a script called as a run after job script in the
last backup or an extra admin job, btw. (webinject might be one tool
to get the autochanger web interface useable in a script).

Note that, after an 'umount', you need to explicitly mount the drive
later, which is not required if using 'release'.

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de