Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob get stuck .. sometimes ..

2008-07-21 11:49:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] RunBeforeJob get stuck .. sometimes ..
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Jeremy Koppel <jkoppel AT bluecanopy DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:48:24 +0200
Jeremy Koppel schrieb:

The script: /etc/bacula/customScripts/backupComplete.bash:

#!/bin/bash
#
# This script fires after Alfresco backup is complete.
source /etc/profile
/etc/init.d/alfresco start
echo "This was echoed from the bacula script."

Bacula log:
20-Jul 21:20 ns2-sd: Volume "AAA017L2" previously written, moving to end of data.
20-Jul 21:21 ns2-sd: Ready to append to end of Volume "AAA017L2" at file=9.
20-Jul 21:32 bckm1-fd: ClientAfterJob: run command
"/etc/bacula/customScripts/backupComplete.bash"
20-Jul 21:32 bckm1-fd: ClientAfterJob: Starting OpenOffice service ...
20-Jul 21:32 bckm1-fd: ClientAfterJob: Starting Alfresco ...
20-Jul 21:32 bckm1-fd: ClientAfterJob: This was echoed from the bacula script.
20-Jul 21:51 ns2-dir: bckm1.2008-07-20_21.19.44 Fatal error: Network error with
FD during Backup: ERR=No data available

The last line is where I restart the Bacula client service on bckm1-fd since the script does not complete. Any idea why this would be hanging on my script?

If an ssh session won't close after the shell running inside it exits,
it's usually because some process started from that shell wasn't
properly demonized and still keeps the terminal open. There are quite
a few init scripts in the wild which have that problem. Although I
don't know Alfresco I would guess it's one of them.

HTH
TS

--
Tilman Schmidt