Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] multidrive autochanger use

2008-07-18 10:33:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] multidrive autochanger use
From: "T. Horsnell" <tsh AT mrc-lmb.cam.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:45:15 +0100
I'm new to Bacula and I'm having problems getting it to use both drives
on my autochanger simultaneously. My config is:

Bacula 2.4.1 on Centos 5.2
A single machine which hosts a raid-array to be backed up and a
two-drive LTO4 autochanger on which to back them up - so dir-daemon,
sd-daemon and fd-daemon all run on the same box.

What I want to be able to do is to tell Bacula to back up the entire
raid-array, but to use both drives in the autochanger at once.

Can I do this in one Job, or do I have to define two Jobs in
bacula-dir.conf, each one configured to back up a part of the raid-array
and each one configured to use a single drive in the autochanger (how)?
This would be bad news for me because the size of each part may change
wildly, and so one tape drive may then spend much of its time idle.

My current attempts using one Job only manage to activate one drive.

I have "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" set to 20 in the FileDaemon resource in
fd.conf and in the Storage resource in sd.conf, and to 1 in the Director
resource and 10 in the Storage resource, in dir.conf.

Cheers,
Terry