Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job scheduling not behaving as expected

2008-07-17 14:43:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job scheduling not behaving as expected
From: "Shad L. Lords" <slords AT lordsfam DOT net>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:43:02 -0600
Arno Lehmann wrote:
> 15.07.2008 20:23, Shad L. Lords wrote:
>> I've been playing with bacula and have noticed something that doesn't
>> quite look right to me.  I'm spooling backups to disk before writing
>> them to tape.  I've set it up to accept up to 8 jobs at the same time.
>> When it first starts out it will spool all 8 at the same time.  However
>> as it progresses and gets near the end of the list of jobs it seems that
>> something is blocking some of the spools.
>
> Which version of Bacula do you run?

This was with 2.4.0.

> It seems possible that this is related to an issue where the SD
> locking volumes, jobs, and whatever is not working correctly. SOme of
> this should be fixed in the current released version 2.4.1.

I'll give 2.4.1 a try as soon as the el5 rpms come out.  Also looking
through the kernstodo file that is part of the 2.4.1 tgz I see the
following:

- Implement continue spooling while despooling.

That appears to be exactly what my issue is: spooling appears to
stop/stall while despooling.

-Shad