Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula recycles the wrong volume (and loses part of the backup it's writing!)

2008-07-16 17:41:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula recycles the wrong volume (and loses part of the backup it's writing!)
From: Stephen Carr <sgcarr AT civeng.adelaide.edu DOT au>
To: Stephen Kitt <lists AT sk2 DOT org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:10:32 +0930
Dear Stephen

I had the same problem with 2.4.0 and have been running 2.4.1 and the
problem has "vanished". I tested it with a tape that had max volume
bytes set to less than true capacity (200/400 GB LTO) also it passed the
true test when a backup hit the end of media.  All worked as expected.

Regards
Stephen Carr

Stephen Kitt wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:20:24 +0200, Stephen Kitt <lists AT sk2 DOT org> wrote:
>> Last night Bacula did something very weird - the director decided to recycle
>> volume "Daily05", but the storage daemon recycled "Daily04" which it had
>> just finished writing to!
>
> I'm guessing this is similar to the problem reported by Andrea Venturoli last
> Wednesday, and similar to bug #1103 (although Kern's comments seem to
> indicate he's not convinced)...
>
> I'll try 2.4.1; my next recycle won't happen before Friday.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephen

Stephen Carr
Computing Officer
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
The University of Adelaide
Tel +618-8303-4313
Fax +618-8303-4359
Email sgcarr AT civeng.adelaide.edu DOT au

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and
contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure
or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made
that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus
scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.